Yellow Brick Road Chairman Mark Bouris and futurist Mark McCrindle will help Brisbane business owners navigate the pandemic, heading up Brisbane City Council’s inaugural Brisbane Business Summit this April.
Lord Mayor Adrian Schrinner said the business heavyweights joined the summit’s diverse line up of leaders who would share their insights into business resilience and innovation with locals.
“With the new financial year fast approaching, the free Brisbane Business Summit at Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre on April 21 will provide local business owners with the knowledge and inspiration they need to rebuild or pivot their operations,” Cr Schrinner said.
“On the line up are Australia’s most experienced and resilient business experts who will check the pulse of the local economy and explore the trends expected to shape our city for years to come.
“Joining Bouris and McCrindle will be UAP Company Founder Matthew Tobin; Queensland Ballet Artistic Director Li Cunxin; Hear & Say Founder & Executive Director Dimity Dornan; Sprint Ventures Founder & Managing Director Llew Jury; and Deloitte Australia Partner Andrea Culligan.
“The growth we help create across Brisbane through programs and events such as our Brisbane Business Summit will be more important than ever in a post-pandemic world and I encourage those interested in kick-starting their year to register now.”
McCrindle Research Social Researcher & Principal Mark McCrindle said his session would help leaders understand and navigate the implications of the pandemic for the ‘new normal’.
“In times of great change – from the way we live to the way we work, lead, motivate and communicate – organisations that innovate and respond are the ones that thrive,” Mr McCrindle said.
“During the Summit, I’ll share key findings from our pandemic research and outline how we can all find opportunities and ways to innovate in this current climate.
“This is an important discussion about Brisbane’s future and one not to be missed.”
The Summit will be presented by Australian television presenter and actress Sofie Formica at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre from 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM on Wednesday 21 April.
Virtual spots will also be available for those unable to attend in person.
Speakers and panel members will cover a range of topics including:
- McCrindle Research Social Researcher & Principal Mark McCrindle will open with the keynote: Opportunities for the future and the way forward for business
- Queensland Ballet Artistic Director Li Cunxin will join the panel discussion: Our city. Our strengths.
- Hear & Say Founder & Executive Director Dimity Dornan will join the panel discussion: Our city. Our strengths.
- Sprint Ventures Founder & Managing Director Llew Jury will join the panel discussion: Our city. Our strengths.
- Deloitte Australia Partner Andrea Culligan will lead a session: ‘We got this’ – Deloitte’s predictions for business and the economy for 2021
- UAP Company Founder Matthew Tobin will lead a session: Conquering the world from Brisbane – the UAP Story
- Yellow Brick Road Executive Chairman Mark Bouris will close with keynote: Straight talk. How to survive in the new business normal.