Commencing 16 September 2019 Waste and Resource Recovery Services will be conducting a Kerbside Large Item Collection Service. Items can be placed on the kerb during the weekend before the collection starts. Council asks residents to put all items for collection on the kerb by 6am Monday in the collection week. Illegal dumping fines may apply if items are placed on the kerb outside the scheduled collection period. By working together we can help to keep our streets safe and tidy, while Council offers an efficient and valued service for Brisbane residents.
Residents can find out about the upcoming collection in the following ways:
• A letterbox drop is conducted in the nominated suburb one week before the start of the collection
• Council’s website lists the kerbside collection dates
• Council advises of upcoming collections using Nabo, Facebook and Twitter
• Residents who have downloaded Council’s Brisbane Bin and Recycling app with enabled push notifications will receive a reminder alert the week before their collection begins
• Residents can contact Council’s Contact Centre to find out the date of kerbside collection in their area
It is important to ensure Zero Harm is maintained for Council staff and residents when placing items on the kerbside for collection.
• Piles must be kept tidy on the kerb so the footpath or roadway is clear at all times
• Council will not collect piles larger than two cubic metres (equal to a small box trailer load) or individual items more than one metre long
• Doors must be removed from refrigerators and cupboards
• No sharp or dangerous objects
• Items must be able to be easily and safely lifted by two people
• All items placed on the kerb must be secured by residents if severe weather is expected.
Residents are encourage to download Council’s free Brisbane Bin and Recycling app through the App Store or Google Play and keep the push notifications enabled to receive alerts about their annual kerbside collection in the week before the collection begins. The app also features information about what items are accepted for kerbside collection, as well as a quick guide to recycling, information about Council’s waste and recycling facilities, and a personalised bin collection calendar to help residents known when their waste, recycling and green waste bins will be collected.