The purpose of the funding is to support the efforts of Queensland’s volunteers as well as to encourage and increase participation in volunteering by on-funding grants to provide small amounts of money that organisations and community groups can use to help their volunteers.
The supplementary volunteer grants are designed to support volunteer involving organisations with a high proportion (over 40%) of volunteers to:
- Help support the efforts of Australia’s volunteers
- Help support the inclusion of vulnerable people through volunteering
- Encourage, support and increase participation in volunteering
- Post COVID-19 re-engagement activities for volunteers, and
- Adapting practices to support volunteers safety in relation to COVID-19.
The intended outcome of the grants is to strengthen community functioning by increasing participation in volunteering. Follow the link below successful recipients will be advised early December 2020.